Position available : Manager – Maths Lab based at Ukhanyo Primary School
Masicorp works with the people of Masiphumelele, as well as key partners, offering opportunities through education helping individuals to uplift themselves out of poverty and work towards a sustainable livelihood. Focusing on the township of Masiphumelele (a community of around 30 000 people), Masicorp runs various education and skills development programmes for this community as a route out of poverty. The focus is on ECD initiatives for children aged 0-6, Maths, Science and English Learning Labs at Primary School Level, High School Maths & Science, Tertiary Education support, Community and School Sports Development, and Adult skills development programmes.
Masicorp seeks to appoint an experienced Manager : Maths Lab to be based at Ukanyo Primary School in Masiphumelele.
The Manager : Maths Lab oversees and directs the day-to-day operations of the Maths Lab and also plans and prepares for the ongoing expansion of the Maths Lab programme.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Developing and maintaining good, working relationships with teachers and the management of Ukhanyo Primary School.
• Mentoring and supporting teachers in teaching of mathematics, this includes but is not limited to, modelling lessons to teachers.
• Developing and maintaining good, working relationships with teachers and mentoring them into “the Maths Lab way”, this includes, but is not limited to, modelling the “Maths Lab way” to teachers.
• Ensuring the Maths Lab way of teaching, learning and related resources are aligned with the national CAPS curriculum. This includes creating lesson plans and accompanying resources if the Maths Lab curriculum expands to any other grades in the future.
• Mentoring and managing the Maths Lab assistants in the Maths Lab, including supporting them in modelling the “Maths Lab way” lessons based on the national CAPS curriculum and the core values of the Maths Lab. It includes doing annual reviews of the Maths Lab assistants.
• Implementing a programme of after-school Maths clubs.
• Drawing up and managing the Maths Lab budget.
• Completing and submitting monthly petty cash spreadsheets.
• Assisting Masicorp staff to maintain a public profile of the Maths Lab.
• This includes providing news updates and photographs that can be used in blogs and writing of the annual review of the Maths Lab.
• Assisting the Fundraising Team through explaining the function of the Maths Lab to people (funders, volunteers, new staff, friends of Masicorp) who visit the Maths Lab.
• Designing and implementing a programme of monitoring and evaluation in order to ensure the continual improvement of the work of the “Maths Lab way”.
Qualifications and Experiences
• 3 to 5 years teaching or tutoring experience with either B Ed or PGCE qualification.
• Experience teaching the CAPS or IEB curriculum will be an advantage.
• Police Clearance required
• An understanding of how to implement curriculum in a practical, hands-on way.
• Needs to be a good leader who understands how to encourage, mentor and empower those Maths Lab teachers and teaching assistants that are involved in the programme.
• Needs to be a servant leader who understands the importance of developing relationships that foster collaboration and mutual respect.
• Been involvement in the educational field for several years.
• Successfully taken leadership in the educational settings.
• This person should have : interpersonal relationship skills, Maths skills, leadership skills, visionary skills, problem solving skills and teaching skills.
• Problem solver, thinker, visionary, amiable, reliable, creative, leader, able to confront if necessary, enjoys working with children as well as adults.
Your application should comprise of:
• A cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
• A comprehensive CV, including educational and professional qualifications, full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held and relevant achievements.
TO APPLY, please email your application to Lauren on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 31 January 2022
Proposed start date : ASAP
For more about Masicorp, refer to https://www.masicorp.org
Contract length: 12 months