Position available : Fundraiser (Fixed Term Contract) – 1 year
Masicorp works with the people of Masiphumelele, as well as key partners, offering opportunities through education helping individuals to uplift themselves out of poverty and work towards a sustainable livelihood. Focusing on the township of Masiphumelele (a community of around 30 000 people), Masicorp runs various education and skills development programmes for this community as a route out of poverty. The focus is on ECD initiatives for children aged 0-6, Maths, Science and English Learning Labs at Primary School Level, High School Maths & Science, Tertiary Education support, Community and School Sports Development, and adult skills development programmes.
Masicorp seeks to appoint a full-time Fundraiser (Fixed Term Contract) based at their offices at Chasmay Road Campus, Masiphumelele, South Peninsula, Cape Town.
To assist the Fundraising Team with raising funds to achieve the agreed annual budget to support Masicorp’s Programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Network and establish new relationships with Corporate and individual donors, as well as Foundations and Trusts.
- Liaison and reporting to existing funders.
- Work with the fundraising team on growing Masicorp’s individual giving and legacy programmes.
- Research donors to match, criteria and areas of operation.
- Submitting funding applications and reports with all the required documentation and budgets.
- Liaison with Programme Managers and Masicorp staff to identify priorities and needs.
- Work with finance department on budget requirements and funder reports.
- Invite potential donors and take them and visitors on a tour of the projects.
- Work as part of the fundraising team by implementing new fundraising ideas, events and campaigns.
- Maintenance of donor lists, thanking and following up donors with required documentation.
- Regular report schedule to be kept and followed up.
- Maintain the Charity Proud database.
To work alongside the Head of Fundraising, the Marketing & Communications Officer and the US & UK Fundraiser when required and needed.
Key performance indicators:
These will be agreed with the Managing Director and may include:
- Value of funds raised in SA and lodged per month.
- Number of fundraising applications submitted each month.
- Number of donors tours each month and follow up successes.
- Successful implementation of Charity Proud donor database & ongoing management thereof.
- At least five years relevant experience in fundraising within an NGO / CBO / NPC sector.
- Previous NPO fundraising work experience essential.
- Experience with researching and approaching new potential donors.
- High standard of fundraising proposal-writing skills.
- Understanding of using budgets in fundraising proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English essential.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently to agreed deliverables.
- Computer literacy essential, experience with managing a fundraising CRM database will be advantageous.
- Passion for education and a positive attitude.
- Responsible, self-motivated individual.
- Resides in Cape Town, preferably Southern Suburbs/South Peninsula.
- Comfortable with travelling to or visiting programmes in the Masiphumelele township, as well as communicating with and accompanying with guests, donors and visitors.
- Driver’s license and own transport essential.
How to apply:
Submit your comprehensive CV with 3 contactable references as well as at least 3 examples of previous written fundraising proposals accompanying your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date : 31 March 2022
To NOTE: No relocation cost will be covered by the Organisation.