Position Available: Programme Manager : English Please Project
Masicorp works with the people of Masiphumelele, as well as key partners, offering opportunities through education helping individuals to uplift themselves out of poverty and work towards a sustainable livelihood. Focusing on the township of Masiphumelele (a community of around 30 000 people), Masicorp runs various education and skills development programmes for this community as a route out of poverty. The focus is on ECD initiatives for children aged 0-6, Maths, Science and English Learning Labs at Primary School Level, High School Maths & Science, Tertiary Education support, Community and School Sports Development, and Adult skills development programmes.
Masicorp seeks to appoint an experienced Programme Manager : English Please Project in the South Peninsula area.
- Assess reading, comprehension and written language
- Reassess at the end of the year and complete the required monitoring and evaluation documentation
- Select learners based on the above criteria
- Place learners in matched ability groups according to the above criteria
- Crete a timetable which is acceptable to the Class Teachers
- Create content for the lessons, at a level suitable to learners abilities
- Reassess informally on an ongoing basis, to establish leaners progress
- Communicate with parents by letter, and occasionally by mobile phone
- Prepare progress report for the use of fundraising and funding applications
- Attend meetings with Management to discussed the programme
- Prepare budget for discussion with Management
- Applications qualifications and attributes
Preferred qualified remedial teacher
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office plus MS Team and Zoom
- Positive – Keep students engaged with an positive attitude
- Organised – Have a plan
- Clear – Can explain ideas in a simple way
Should you meet the above criteria please ensure your application has the below requested documentation attached.
- A cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
- A comprehensive CV, including educational and professional qualifications, full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held and relevant achievements.
TO APPLY please email the above to Lauren – Closing date : 06 February 2022 Proposed start date : 14 February 2022
For more about Masicorp, refer to https://www.masicorp.org
Contract length : 12 months (part-time during school hours)