CAMPUS / FACILITIES MANAGER based at Chasmay Campus, Sunnydale – next to Masiphumelele
Masicorp works with the people of Masiphumelele, as well as key partners, offering opportunities through education helping individuals to uplift themselves out of poverty and work towards a sustainable livelihood. Focusing on the township of Masiphumelele (a community of around 30 000 people), Masicorp runs various education and skills development programmes for this community as a route out of poverty. The focus is on ECD initiatives for children aged 0-6, Maths, Science and English Learning Labs at Primary School Level, High School Maths & Science, Tertiary Education support, Community and School Sports Development, and Adult skills development programmes.
The person will organise, monitor and report on maintenance operations at the Chasmay Campus. S/he will perform and coordinate a variety of tasks relative to, repair and maintenance of building and ground maintenance. S/he will supervise and provide assistance on overall campus maintenance.
- Maintenance and repairs to buildings
- Provide support and advice when needed
- Maintenance of the campus garden
- Manage and assist with preparation and monitoring of annual Chasmay campus budget and building projects
- Maintenance and supervision of the Chasmay Campus staff
- Coordinating and supervision of contractors
- Supervise, organise and review the work on Chasmay Campus
- Be the liaison person with all contractors including the security guard’s contractor
- Responsible for all tenant liaison and communication on all levels
- Be the liaison between Masicorp and the City of Cape Town
- Reports accidents and hazards as possible risk implication on the Chasmay Campus
- Prepare clear and concise reports on overall maintenance and safety aspects on the Chasmay Campus
- Overseeing Chasmay Campus safety and security, including liaison with the armed response, fire control measures and all other occupational health and safety regulations
- Grade 12
- Knowledge of general maintenance
- Good health
- Valid driver’s licence
- Analytical ability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organising and planning of maintenance programmes
- Work in accordance with the guidance of the health and safety policy of the City of Cape Town and Masicorp – Chasmay Campus
- Be able to identify and communicate health and safety risks on the Chasmay campus.
- Prepare clear and concise reports on overall maintenance and safety aspects of the campus
- Establish an effective working relationship with all tenants on the Chasmay Campus
- Manage the allocated budget for the running of the Campus and report on month-end variances
- Form part of the annual financial planning cycle to set the budget for the Chasmay Campus
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines and the understanding of the compliance elements
- 5+ years in management focussed role, ideally in managing a Campus / Facility
- Police clearance
Should you feel that your skills, experience and qualification meet the above requirements, please send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until 28 March 2021.
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
To note: No relocation cost will be covered by the Organisation
Part-time hours: 24 – 36 per week
Application Deadline: 2021/03/28