Voluntourism at Masicorp
Join us for an inspiring visit to Masiphumelele in Cape Town, to take part in our various educational experiences and meet the many community members whose lives have been positively changed through education
Learn about Masiphumelele’s history and origins and gain authentic insight into the challenges that community members living in the township face each day. During your visit you will be able to meet and talk to community members living in Masiphumelele who’s lives have been changed through the gift of education. See first hand the change that access to opportunity creates in communities living in poverty and add value with your interest, respect, involvement, skills, time & support. Your volunteers fee contributes financially to continuing educational initiatives for the community of Masiphumelele.
During your visit, you could be:
- Taking part in arts & crafts, story-times, song & dance with children attending one of Masicorp’s three pre-schools
- Helping out in the pre-school kitchens, preparing breakfast, snacks and lunches.
- Enjoy a day of sports with the girls and boys of Ukhanyo Primary School, joining PE lessons and after-school sports practices.
- Join the primary school after-school clubs for Maths, Chess & English.
- Help adults and youth learn basic computer skills at our computer training centre and community library.
- Get your hands dirty in our pre-school vegetable garden, weeding, watering & planting – these vegetables are used in the school feeding programme.
The cost for a full one day experience is R1500 / $100 / £75. This includes transport within and around Masiphumelele, and a Masi community member as your guide to your activities.
The cost does not include accommodation, meals or transport to/from the Masicorp Head Office situated at Chasmay Campus. Longer or shorter experiences are also available on request.
Please note that our projects close between mid-December and mid-January for the South African school holidays. It is not possible to arrange and programs for visitors during this period as all educational facilities are closed. We also are unable to offer experiences during weekends and public holidays, as schools are not open during this time.
Please note that due to COVID-19 , certain visitor restrictions may still be in place and at this stage Masicorp cannot guarantee your chosen activity and date will be available.
Complete our voluntourism enquiry form by clicking here and we will get back to you with further details and payment information. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
Masicorp volunteer experiences
Some of the feedback we have received from recent volunteers:
Thank you very much for the opportunity that you gave us in visiting Masiphumelele and in introducing us in what Masicorp is doing for the community. We were really impressed by the education projects and found highly motivated teachers/trainers and students.
We also can imagine that still very very much has to be done to reach even more families whose kids we did not see in school.
Enkosi to the people of Masi, many thanks to you.
Frowin Derr and family, Germany.
A Masicorp volunteer's experience...
With thanks to Give a Day Global