The Masicorp Team
Masicorp was founded in 1999 by John and Carol Thompson and their good friend Jane Philippi joined them soon after. After giving 10 years of active involvement in Masicorp the original USA team handed over to a South African board, and continue to be involved in overseas fund raising activities. Since 2009, considerable funding has also been raised in South Africa and in 2011 Masiphumelele Trust Ltd. [Masicorp UK] was set up in the UK to help support our work.
We restructured our senior team in South Africa in 2018 to form an Executive Board of Directors with Milli Firth as Managing Director, and a non-executive Board of Trustees with Doug Wallace as Chair.
Masicorp has no religious or political affiliations and is a tax-exempt NGO / charity registered and established in South Africa, the USA and the UK.
More About Our Team
South Africa - Board of Executive Directors
In South Africa we are registered as Masiphumelele Corporation[NPO: 040994 PBO: 930015544] and we manage operations via our locally-based board. The current members and responsibilities are as follows:
- Managing Director - Milli Firth
- Deputy Managing Director & ECD - Fiona Maitland
- Director of Operations - Elize Taylor
- Director Development - Carol Hanks
South Africa - Board of Non Executive Trustees
- Chairman - Douglas Wallace (RSA)
- Trustee, & Founder - John Thompson (USA)
- Trustee, & Founder - Carol Thompson (USA)
- Trustee - Jane Philippi (USA)
- Trustee & President - Andrew Smith (UK / RSA)
- Trustee - Sandra Dodson (UK)
- Trustee - Alan McKelvey B.E.M. (UK)
- Trustee - Keith Richardson (RSA)
- Trustee - Michael Tyhali (RSA)
United States (USA)
In the USA we are registered as Masiphumelele Corporation [Public Charity EIN number: 02-0511758] Our USA team is:
- John and Carol Thompson (Founders)
- Jane Philippi
UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
In the UK we are registered as Masiphumelele Trust Ltd. [Charity Commission N° 1137358 HMRC Gift Aid Registration: XT26095]. Our trustees are:
- Sandra Dodson (Chair)
- Alan McKelvey B.E.M.
- Julia Musgrave
- Andrew Smith
- Susan de Vaux
If you would like any more information on Masicorp, or are interested in getting involved, we will be pleased to hear from you.
Milli Firth Managing Director - firstname.lastname@example.org, +27 21 785 1923