Masicorp's full legal name is Masiphumelele Corporation in the USA and South Africa, and Masiphumelele Trust Limited in the UK. This website is managed on behalf of Masicorp worldwide, hereafter referred to as Masicorp.
This policy sets out the areas of our business and this website where user privacy is concerned. It outlines the obligations and requirements of supporters, this website and the website’s owners. The way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information is also detailed below.
- Contact and Communication We do not sell, or share, contact details with any other organisations.Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form for our e-mail submission process via this website, but we advise users that they use this form at their own risk.
You are welcome to contact us directly using our e-mail address email@example.com.
Masicorp operates an e-mail newsletter program, Mailchimp, to inform subscribers about their current projects and to invite donors to subscribe to help new and existing projects. Users can subscribe through an online automated process, via this website, should they wish to do so, but at their own discretion.
If you make a donation, you will be subscribed to our e-mail newsletter. Every copy of our newsletter caries a simple ‘unsubscribe’ button.
You can also request to see updates of Masicorp's WordPress blog. You can unsubscribe from these mails at any time, either by contacting us or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our mails.
- External Links Although the owners of this website only include safe and relevant external links on this website, they cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website, despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note that they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external link mentioned on this site.
- Social Media Platforms Communications by the owners of this website through external social media platforms: Facebook, WordPress (for our blog) and Twitter. These are subject to the terms and conditions, as well as the privacy policies, maintained by those social media platforms.Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage with them using due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal information. We will delete any comments or other content posted to our social media which we regard as factually inaccurate, insensitive, inflammatory or defamatory as soon as practically possible.
Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms. We encourage users to contact us by e-mail.
This website might at some point use social sharing buttons (which help users share web content directly from our web pages to the social media platform in question). Users are advised that they use such social sharing buttons at their own discretion. Please note that the social media platform may save and track your request to share a web page through your personal social media account.
Please note that Facebook, WordPress and Twitter are third-party services that are not owned or managed by Masicorp. You should also review their terms and conditions and privacy policies as we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
- Charityproud Our Charityproud database is hosted in the USA and accessed securely via the internet by Masicorp staff in the USA, UK and South Africa. We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained members of Masicorp and our certified data service contractors as listed in this policy.Charityproud is certified compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, meaning that they are committed to following standardized principles regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States. Charityproud's data privacy policies can be found by clicking here.
Masicorp hold and process supporters' personal data on their Charityproud database for a number of reasons:
- To keep a record of donations made and actions taken by our supporters and our communications with them
- To comply with UK, USA and SA tax authorities’ requirements for donation tax exemptions and benefits
- To send our supporters marketing information about our projects, fundraising activities and appeals where we have their consent or are otherwise allowed to
- To support volunteers, whether in shops, at festivals or participating in fundraising events
- To record campaigning and fundraising actions by supporters
- To support community based fundraising and campaigning
- To ensure we do not send unwanted information to supporters or members of the public who have informed us they do not wish to be contacted
We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you have with Masicorp.
For example, when you contact Masicorp to make a donation, or sign up to any of Masicorp's activities or online content, such as newsletters, our blog, or fundraising sites we might receive and retain personal information about you.
The information we collect is relevant to the type of transaction you are entering into with details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations and whether or not you are a UK tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid.
- Sensitive Personal Data We do not collect "sensitive personal data" about our supporters, e.g. health status, unless there is a clear reason for doing so - such as participation in a marathon or similar fundraising event, or volunteering - where we need this to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in the event. Clear notices will be provided on application forms for such events so that it is clear what information we need and why we need it.Occasionally, and only with your expressed agreement, we may collect sensitive personal data you provide us. Should you disclose such information to us, it will be used solely to allow us to communicate with you in a considerate and appropriate manner.
All personal data is stored on a secure database (Charityproud), to which only a limited number of relevant staff have access. It is deleted when no longer relevant, is never shared with third parties, and is available to you at any point should you wish to see it.