Position Available: Learning Labs Co-Ordinator at Ukhanyo Primary School
Department: Learning Labs Project
Report to: Millicent Firth
Starting Date: September/October 2022
Location: Masicorp office and Ukhanyo Primary School in Masiphumelele (Learning Labs Programme).
Purpose of the Position:
- Facilitate a productive flow of information between the Masicorp Office and the Learning Labs Program based at Ukhanyo Primary School.
- Enhance the teaching capacity at the English Hub & Maths Lab for the programs targeted at GR2/3/4 (LOLT for GR2/3 is isiXhosa).
- Reduce administrative burden on the Program Managers (volunteers, donation facilitation, program observation, referring HR issues, M&E and finance items) to allow Program Managers to concentrate on implementation of the core educational components.
- Provide leadership and teaching backup in times of unplanned absence by Program Managers.
Key Performance Areas:
- Efficient carrying out of tasks related to the administration at the Learning Labs.
- Teaching and observation of Maths/English classes at the GR2/3/4 Level (LOLT GR2/3 isiXhosa, GR4 English).
- Effective summary and communication of key information from the current implementation of the Learning Lab Program.
- Offering support and/or guidance to Program Managers as needed.
Foundation Phase Teacher who is enthusiastic about teaching Maths and English (FAL) but also comfortable working as an administrator and coordinator for the Learning Labs Programme, majority of the time. Working in a predominantly isiXhosa environment, but also capable of good spoken and written English for items such as project reports and communicating with our Fundraising Department. Capable of managing and updating an email inbox and digital folder structure containing photos, documents and spreadsheets.
Orientation Phase of Job:
- Getting familiar with Masicorp Office and Ukhanyo Primary School Premises.
- Getting to know the people and roles they perform in these environments.
- Rotational exposure to all Masicorp programmes.
- Orientation meetings with HR, Fundraising and Managing Director.
- Planning meetings with program managers at Learning Labs projects.
- Planning meeting with Educational Consultant in relation to M&E protocols to follow.
Typical Envisioned Day Once Oriented:
- Masicorp Office: 08h00 to 10h00 – Monday to Friday (Administration and Meetings).
- Ukhanyo Primary School: 10h00 to 15h30 (Lesson observation, Teaching, Meetings and Program related tasks).
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Fluent in isiXhosa a prerequisite.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience within a leadership/or management role.
- Capability of managing a staff complement of 3 or more.
- Excellent command of written English.
- Experience in report writing.
- NGO experience and involvement a plus.
- Project management experience.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or similar field.
- PGCE (Foundation Phase).
- Job offers generous leave provision, matching that of the WCED school calendar.
- Someone comfortable giving feedback to others or teaching classes themselves.
- Hard-working, reliable and committed.
- Able to take ownership of situations and be proactive.
- Salary on offer is between R26 500,00 and R28 600,00 per month.
- 1 year contract with the option to renew.
If you qualify for this role, please send your comprehensive C.V including your qualifications to email@example.com by mid September 2022.