We are recruiting for a fundraiser, join our team!!
Masicorp works with the people of Masiphumelele, as well as key partners, offering opportunities through education helping individuals to uplift themselves out of poverty and work towards a sustainable livelihood. Focusing on the township of Masiphumelele (a community of around 30 000 people), Masicorp runs various education and skills development programmes for this community as a route out of poverty. The focus is on ECD initiatives for children aged 0-6, Maths, Science and English Learning Labs at Primary School Level, High School Maths & Science, Tertiary Education support, Community and School Sports Development, and Adult skills development programmes.
Masicorp seeks to appoint an experienced Fundraiser based at their offices at Chasmay Road Campus, Masiphumelele Cape Town.
Contract Type: Full time, 1-year contract
- To assist with raising funds to achieve the agreed annual budget to support Masicorp Programmes
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Networking and establishing new relationships with corporate & individual donors, as well as Foundations and Trusts
- Researching donors to match criteria and area of operation
- Submitting funding applications with all the required documentation & budgets
- Liaison with programme managers and Masicorp staff to update priorities and needs.
- Inviting potential donors and taking them and visitors on tours of projects.
- Working with fundraising team implementing new fundraising ideas and campaigns.
- Keeping donor list up to date, thanking and following up donors with required documentation.
- Regular reporting schedule to be kept and followed up.
- Management of the Charity Proud CRM
This position will work alongside the Marketing & Communications Assistant and the M&E Officer , but report to our Head of Fundraising & the Director of Development.
- Previous NPO fundraising work experience essential
- Experience with researching and approaching new potential donors
- High standard of fundraising proposal-writing skills
- Understanding of using budgets in fundraising proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English essential
- Attention to detail and highly organised
- Computer literacy essential, experience with managing a fundraising CRM database will be advantageous
- Passion for education and a positive attitude
- Responsible, self-motivated individual
- Resides in Cape Town, preferably Southern Suburbs/South Peninsula
- Comfortable with travelling to or visiting programmes in the Masiphumelele township, as well as communicating with and accompanying guests, donors and visitors.
- Drivers license and own transport
How to apply:
Please submit your cv, with 3 contactable references as well as at least 3 examples of previous written fundraising proposals accompanying your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 021 785 1923